Thursday 17 December 2015

Digital Tutors Lesson: Line Art in Illustrator

Last night, I sat down and watched a lesson on Digital Tutors to look for tips on how I can  improve my line art skills in Illustrator. I have been used to applying simple brush but I wanted to look at others ways to make effective line work.
  • The width tool create width points and then modify them.
  • The Alt key and modify the point of the width
  • duplicate using the alt key
  • can save it as a stroke profile
  • sue the pen tool to create paths on the drawing
  • Use pathfinders to make interesting shapes.
  • One way to make like work is to make a shape using the pen tool then duplicate that shape then scale it down. 
  • Make some minor adjustments to the rescaled shape depending on  the light source.

No comments:

Post a Comment