Thursday 21 January 2016

Page 1 Development Week 2

I began work on producing the first page. To make the environments, I decided to produce minor 3D objects in Maya 2014 to help get an idea of the perspective.




3D Screenshots of the Street.


Here is how the scene was going to be played out. On the ground  there would be a newspaper which was going to be used to establish the setting.


Screenshot of line art over 3D model


I originally had an idea to begin with a screenshots for an alternate opening shot.





3D Screenshots

I eventually found a way to highlight edges in a vector style  which helps with establishing the traits for the background to help make it resemble line art.





3D Screenshots with vector lines applied 

I then took the screenshots and then painted over them in Photoshop. Here the first iteration of the first page featuring the 3D background. The bottom panel was left as an abstract element because I was not sure what it was going to be.




Rough sketch with screenshots

This was an alternate opening where the first panel starts out as a close up. In each panel after the first one, the camera pans out and we see more that the story begins in a urban environment.

Line Art of Page 1

Supervisor Meeting Week 2

I spoke to Brian in regards to what I was wanting in this comic. He told me that I should consider revising the specific architecture. I had a habit of drawing buildings with the triangular roofs whereas america buildings do not share this. He even suggested that I try and use google maps from the street view as a way to get a picture of what it could be like to be actually there. I made some further adjustments by revising American apartment buildings.

http://www.steinerag.com/flw/Artifact%20Pages/Chicago.htm
http://mycentralnewyork.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/deco-delights-or-mostly-modern-chaumont.html


Modified Establish Shot

Although this is still needing further development it looks more affiliated with America architecture.

Reference

Greenway, T., Morse, S., Hargreaves, J., Perrins, C. and Tilbury, R. ed., (2011). Photoshop for 3d artists v1. 1st ed. Worcester: 3D Total Publishing, pp.157-173.

No comments:

Post a Comment