Wednesday 13 January 2016

Semester 2 Week 1- First Day Back

It was great to catch up with my fellow fourth years as well as speak with my supervisor after the holidays. I asked him a few things about the project such as how I could rearrange the dissertation's structure and if I should consider following the structure of my research proposal. The good thing is I have made good progress over the holidays but not as much as I hoped. After my talk with Brian, I began making simple 3D objects that I could use in my comic as background objects. While I am not happy with the way the 3D sticks out and that I am only using these assets as a way to be more efficient in the comic production pipeline. I took some photos of the 3D assets, went into the render settings and applied an edge line to the renders via the Maya vector engine.
I used the reference material I gathered for the moodboards to help with getting the right shapes for the models. The visual documents I produced also helped with the construction of the models.






Screenshots of Low Poly 3D Environment

Here is another tutorial that I found which allows for line art but in a different way.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JunxueLi/20130902/199419/2D_Art_Quick_Manual_for_rendering_line_art_in_Maya.php

No comments:

Post a Comment