Wednesday 30 September 2015

Brian Meeting Week 4 Part 2

I had a class, in the morning where we discussed what our vision statement is. We learned that the vision statement and the research question are basically the same thing but the minor difference is that one is a question and the other is a statement. I spoke to some of my colleagues and provided reasonable feedback and even suggestions. I addressed that my idea has some problems and the non verbal approach may not be the most beneficial. However I addressed to them the idea of taking a non visual medium and interpreting it into a visual medium that can be accessible.

Here is the feedback from the group:
  • Don't go back, go forward.
  • What makes existing comics work?
  • Look at a comic called Hard Boiled.
  • Minimalist dialogue look.
  • Go forward to new ideas.
  • new format like a wall mural or series of paintings.
  • Continue doing media test, ideas and questions will arise.
  • I need to decide which is more important the adaptation of the concept story. I could do the someone but make the edges fuzzy and encourage lack of clarity and leave it up to reader interpretation.
  • They liked the idea of converting a non visual source screenplay into a visual medium.
Brian's Meeting 

The next day, I met Brain at 2.00 to continue our discussion from yesterday. I spoke to him about using the term "interpretation" and addressed my interest in science fiction. I mentioned to him that I like the idea of mashing up certain genres together to generate new concepts. Many artists have already demonstrated this concept before. Here are few examples by Garth Cameron Graham who made some illustration mashedup of fairy tales but with other genres:
I admitted that there was some restrictions with my idea of interpretation and I told him that I will continue with my media tests and practices. I justified why I think characters are important and why they should be prioritized over world building. I explained that films like Stars Wars focused on characters first before developing the worlds. I was worried if the idea I chose to do was already being used by another student. Brian reassured me that every project will not be the same. This time I felt more satisfied with his feedback and I had a understanding of what to do.

Reference

Graham, G. 2010. Steam Beast. [image] Available at: http://garthft.deviantart.com/art/Steambeast-163633318 [Accessed 1 Oct. 2015].

Graham, G. 2012. Wonderland Wars. [image] Available at: http://garthft.deviantart.com/art/Wonderland-Wars-294266842 [Accessed 1 Oct. 2015].

Graham, G. 2011. Cryonic Beauty. [image] Available at: http://garthft.deviantart.com/art/Cryonic-Beauty-264574750 [Accessed 1 Oct. 2015].

No comments:

Post a Comment