Thursday 1 October 2015

H.P. Lovecraft Comic Adaptation Initial Idea

During my time at second year, I've been listening to audio book adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft's short stories. The reason I listened to these was because I enjoyed listening to audio which  allowed me to concentrate on my practical work. I have read many comic variations of H.P. Lovecraft's work and each iteration has shown great examples of creativity. I worked on a H.P. Lovecraft inspired project for Spatial Constructs module where I took a scene from a novel and made it into a level.
I decided to pick the Black Mire environment that the protagonist finds himself in. However I was thinking about revisiting this world again and adapt it to a comic format. Although I was quite happy with the way I designed Father Dagon, I wanted to redesign the creature.
I would like to see if I can retell the story of Dagon without using any dialogue. During the next few weeks , I'll try to develop a rough idea of how the story could be told in a visual format.

What is the comic's goal?

To tell the story of Dagon is in a visually enhanced comic format where captions or written text is not the main focus.

What is it's target audience?

It's target audience will be those enjoy reading comic adaptions of existing novels and those who enjoy reading comics.

How long with the comic be?

Long enough for me to tell the key components of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment