Friday 6 November 2015

Ten Minute Drawings

Here I made a ten minute drawing while listening to the theme of Swan Lake. The light and perspective in the picture needs further refining.


With that said, I am quite happy with how i included the Swan Lake influences with the figure showing a resemblance to a ballerina and a female figure. I like the inclusion I made with the small boat to give an impression of scale in the picture. During the production of this illustration, I was listening to this track from the ballet .



Swan Lake Theme

Another quick painting I made was a art piece based of the Island of the Dead.


When thinking of the Island of the Dead painting,I was reminded of the tower of the gods dungeon in the Legend of Zelda:The Wind Waker, where link and his boat travel inside it. What I found eerie form both that level and the original painting was that there no slopes or gradual buildup for a natural beach or shore. It would be the unnatural element which helps add some eeriness to the environment.



Island of the Dead Music



No comments:

Post a Comment