Wednesday 4 November 2015

Dagon Father Development



Dagon Mood board

To begin with, I looked at How at how other artists have interpreted Father Dagon, the main monster that appears in HP Lovecraft's Dagon. I made some silhouettes to get some ideas of how the monster would look like. I wanted to drift away from the examples shown in the mood-board. I liked the idea of how Dagon was based off the fish god and I had this idea of what if that god was inspired by father day. So I decided to try the idea of reverse engineering so I looked at the original design of Dagon in the illustrations.















Silhouette Development


Development Sketches

I attempted to add a worn out paper texture the drawings. I had the idea that the development process could reflect the narrator's attempts to remember what the creature looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment