Monday 2 November 2015

Dagon Development Progress

At this stage of the semester,I have been doing a mixture of reading and preparation for the Research proposal.

Dagon Front Cover Iteration

This was an idea for the front cover of the comic. I was inspired by an illustration that was based on Cthulu and I really liked the use of scale that helped amplify the eeriness of the idea about giant  greats that lurks within the world's oceans.
The image can be found here:


Sketched Model Sheet

This was a rough model and expression sheet of the characters. I left a rough character head because at this point in time, I have not finalised the main character's appearance.


Alice Duke's Dagon Illustration (2011)


Composition Analysis

Here is a composition study of one of the Dagon comic pages from  Lovecraft Anthology Volume 1 (2011). I analysed this  to see how the panels were laid out and identifying what types of composition were used. the design for the monolith was too simple for my liking and it could he been more reflective of its aquatic and oceanic origins. However I did like the way it glowed white.

Here are some initial sketches of the monolith. I was wanting to go for a design that looked like it was artificial and reflected the aquatic themes.


Polished Iterations

References

Lovecraft, H.P. et al. 2011. The Lovecraft Anthology. 1st ed. London: SelfMadeHero.

No comments:

Post a Comment