Monday 28 March 2016

Week 12: Summary

With the Easter Holidays, I have taken the opportunity to revisit my dissertation and clean up certain areas to it.

Monday - I spent the entire day, overlooking my pages. I added n a German rowing boat with multiple soldiers on board. I looked at some 1914 boarding parties to get some inspiration of how the boat could be designed. I decided to keep it simple and in the distance. I also took some time and looked over. I use the remainder of  the day to look over my Dissertation and correct it.

Modified Page 2



In addition to putting together a PDF. I was successful in implementing page 6 into the pdf with no abnormalities in its presentation.

Tuesday - The aim for Tuesday was to go through my blog posts. Instead I focused on sending away a copy of one of my case studies to be checked over. I am starting to think that I may run out of time to write a case study about Creepy which is a foreign comic which was going to be analysed to see how to can tell a story when  the dialogue is not being told in the English language. I finished up a case study about Gary Larsons's the Far Side and looked into how he conveyed jokes through visuals. Although his single panels were minimal, they provided really good humour.

Wednesday - I started sketching out a new page to replace to Page 20's layout. This one features a panel where the protagonist opens his eyes and we see an image of the fish creature silhouette in his eye. I also included a large panel of him surrounded by three of the Dagon creatures with his hands on his head with a high camera angle to signify his vulnerability and weakened state.
I used blues and purple because the creature, Father Dagon is affiliated with coldness, the ocean and mystery.  used the shadow colour scheme of purple and yellow to provide consistency.
I chose to apply different panels shapes in this page. The last panel's gestalt form is to suggest that he is descend into a state of madness with the panel's bottom edges meeting at one point.The panel's pattern was intended to slightly resemble the head of Father Dagon or suggest some demonic connotations.

Thursday - This morning I was informed by Brian that the meeting will not be on today. However I decided to come into Dundee to discuss one of my case studies with my NAS Adviser who has been helpful in  checking over my Dissertation's grammar. In addition, I have been inside my home in Kirkcaldy or the last few days so I am quite happy to go into Dundee. I spoke to my adviser and she was kind to give me a copy of my case study I sent where with some corrections needed.

Friday - I took the time to work on improving the Monolith design.
I took my improved design ad applied it to the model sheet.


Before 


After

I found it easier for me to make changes to it by creating and clearing grid lines. I also took some time to work on setting up my portfolio. I hope to publish it and seek feedback from my peers.

Saturday - I took some time off to rest and play games. For an hour, I modified my poster and dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment