Wednesday 23 March 2016

Week 11: Practical Work

After my meeting with the printing service at Dundee University, I found out for the printing service that:
  • I just need to to submit a pdf of the entire comic.
  • The price for one copy is £ 7 coloured.
  • It would take a day when it is not busy.
  • The layout just needs top be one single page layout.
I worked on some adjusting some comic pages based off yesterday's feedback from Brian.


Page 16 Before Modification

Some of the issues with this page was the protagonist and the level of depth. Brian's advice was to try and bring him closer with a darker silhouette.




Page 17 Before Modification


Page 17 After Modification

The extra panels help provide additional clarity and the last set of panels does help suggest the idea of  disorientation and ambiguity as we have no idea what is approaching the protagonist.


Page 18 Before Modification


Page 18 After Modification

Here, I replaced the sea captain's position with the doctor but I kept him in the background to suggest that he helped rescue the protagonist.


Page 19 Before Modification


Page 19 After modification


I altered the perspective of the monolith and in doing so I actually made the perspective of the scene look greater.


Page 22 Before Modification

Page 22 After Modification

This layout for Page 22 features all the familiar elements from the original version is more angular,suggesting more dynamic movement. There is a triangular composition. However this composition is a lot more cluttered compared to my previous iteration. It is likely that I will stick with my original piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment