Wednesday 16 March 2016

Week 10 Progress and Meeting

I spent this week modifying comic pages based on my feedback. This week, I have been thinking about how I can add additional panels to help clearly explain how the protagonist climbs down the hummock and returns to his boat. In existing adaptations, this scene has been represented of him waking away from the hummock whereas others such as her adaptation has a starry background with the protagonist's silhouettes to suggest that he running across the empty plane. That was my original attempt but with the inclusion of storm clouds to build up to the point where it begins to rain. The significance of this in the story is to help cover up the location of the mysterious location. That would explain why the captain knew nothing out his black mire as it was flooded by the time that the got there. However it does feel a bit strange how rain could flood volcanic upheaval. On the other hand, it could be that the land began to sink underneath the ocean just as the storm erupts around the protagonists. I revised my older pages to make sure that the characters had a consistence colour scheme.

What I have so far for the page where the hero returns to the boat is the following:

Panel 1: the protagonist is making his decent down the the hummock and he makes one last glance at the drop , just to be sure that he is not being followed by the creature.
Panel 2: He is running along a familiar landmark from page 8,which in this case is the giant skeleton of a long dead sea creature.
Panel 3: he runs along a flat plane running underneath the moon slowly being engulfed by stormy clouds.
Panel 4: He pushes the boat onto its underbelly and packs all the essentials into it.
Panel 5: The shelters underneath the boat cover as the environment around him begins to flood.
Panel 6: It is a clear night sky the boat is out at sea and is spotted by a boat with a spotlight.

Rough Thumbnail of Page

I also took the opportunity to work on my dissertation. So this Saturday I spent my time working on it. I took Brian's suggestion on how to improve my introduction. So I included a paragraph discussing the problems and issue of my project and what I will need to include in order to to convey a story visually. With his help, I managed to reduce the amount of words for my introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment