Monday 21 March 2016

Formatting Process

Today, I managed to put together a PDF of my Comic. On Tuesday, I will visit Dundee Printing service and I will ask them a few questions about the production of a comic issue.
  • Are there any templates available for magazine size comics?
  • What are the prices for this particular size, specifically in colour?
  • How long would it take to produce a single issue consisting of 28 pages?
  • Do the back, front and insider covers require their own PDF?
  • How should the Indesign document be laid out in order to feature the front, back and inside covers?
I followed a few links and tutorial about how to assemble a .PDF using Adobe Indesign.

http://webcomicalliance.com/business/indesign-101-part-one/

http://fantasycomicportal.com/forum/index.php?topic=258.0

In addition, I created a rough prototype of how the comic should look like. I was successful in creating a PDF However page 5's top half was rendered fine but the lower half was not there. I am still looking into how this technical issue can be resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment