Wednesday 10 February 2016

Week 5 Progress

I focused on the Wednesday by making some prototype pages. Here I applied the use of colour, lighting and various moods to the line work.



The following pages occur in the protagonist's mind and memory. To suggest that he is writing about these experiences on the paper, I decided to apply this paper texture as part of the visual style .


Page 3 with Visual Style Applied


Comic page with monolith's reveal


Protagonist under the Influence of Morphine

An attempt of showing the character under effects of morphine.

He spoke to me about a few things. He went through a page from Herge's story about Tintin and the Seven Krystal Balls. Here Brian went through how Herge implemented natural lines to help the reader's eye flow through the comic. He encouraged me to try and include lines in my environment to help direct the readers attention to a central focal point. I am thinking about including some knowledge about photography as it could help with the composition of a shot.

Power Centers

To visually demonstrate the ways that power centers can determine a character's personality, Brian showed me a clip from Toy Story where Woody shows different types of characters in the form of role playing. 


Brian said that that my character's power centre should be in the feet ,since he seems to be carrying a burden, awkward and tired. It could be argued that his legs or lower body would be the power centre as it could help suggest his tiredness. I can suggest this by lowing his stature to making it look like he is carry something heavy and perhaps show his legs with less instability.

No comments:

Post a Comment