Tuesday 13 October 2015

Notes from Ryan Locke Meeting

I had a meeting with Ryan  to consult him about my current progress on my honours project as well as to ask myself what I was wanting to achieve this year.
The main thing I wanted to get across was that I wanted to use minimum dialogue as a means to allow the visuals to tell the story. I showed a lack of clarity when I was speaking to Ryan and he helped me gin an additional understanding of my goals. I have an interest in adaptation'. interpretation of literacy medium into print media. He suggested that I carry out an analysis of artists by selecting a few examples of comic pages from different artists and  describe what they have done and talk about their art style, their similarities and differences and provide my own opinion on their work.
Thomas Cole's  series of paintings, Course of Empire was an area I wanted to look into because I saw that series of paintings as a strong example of telling a story visually with the use of words imprinted on the medium. Ryan told me that members of the church during the Middle Ages were the only people who could read. Therefore I will look at how stain glass windows and why they were used.
What I can do also is explain how these sculptures were made and how the stories were told visually through mediums. Overall, he was pleased with my progress and suggested that I continue exploring the ways of visually conveying a story, and to justify my choices every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment