Monday 12 October 2015

Further Definition Ideas

Over the weekend, I took some time to think about my research question and I believed that the main focus should be on what contributes visual language and how it is used during the process between translating a literacy source into a visual sequential art form. I still show interest in designing characters, props, environments. This time allowed me to reiterate on my Research question.
  • What are the contributing factors to visual language during the translation pipeline of literacy media into a sequential art visual media?
While I wanted to see about the narrative being in a minimal approach. I feel that the visual language is an important approach.  However I still feel that the minimal approach is something to consider as each story doe not need to be a complex narrative but can be an entertainment spectacle which presents a simple but effective story. When Lynn told me this last week, I found it quite difficult from to express myself. To be honest, I am still passionate about creating a comic for my honours project. I would like to base my project on a short story I've read because I could try and I show my interpretation of how I would picture the story. Since I saw some other interpretations of the same story, these will help inspire me to develop he work into a different direction. As long as I do not alter the story to a certain degree such as having an unnecessary sub plot, I should be okay. The main thing I would like the project to be is to act as a portfolio piece to showcase my skills of character design, colour theory, visual storytelling, comic production and the ability to adapt an existing work.

There are also a range of questions I have set which I would like the artifact to help me answer.
  • What are the contributing factors to visual language during the translation pipeline of literacy media into a sequential art visual media while remaining faithful to the source material?
  • Should the project be faithful to the story?
  • How can I establish the setting through visual clues, to show time and passing of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment