Tuesday 27 October 2015

Short Comic Idea

I did have an idea for a short animation for my Advanced Animation Module. However in the end, I decided to scrap the idea and focus on a games related project.

Story

The initial idea for the story was a young fawn that is nothing but a dark silhouette. He is lonely and wants some company. He hears a sound like a flute mimicking a cuckoo bird. He follows the sounds making the same notes as a form of communication. However when he arrives after this journey he finds out that it was just a bird. He leaves and returners to his home disappointed. He remains there sad and depressed until he sees that the bird followed him. The bird cries out and other animals emerge. The bird begins to sing and the faun starts to play joyfully on his flute. What I had in mind was the idea of sketchy visual style. The idea was to keep this about 3 pages at least.

Here is a link to my Rough Animatic.


I was thinking about using this as a starting point. However I went and did some development work for how the character would look.


I looked at various ways the character could appear. The original design was for the character to be a black silhouette. The reason for this was to allow the figure to be drawn more efficiently.However I did not continue with this development.

No comments:

Post a Comment